This library is a standout amongst the most delightful structures in Ephesus. It was fabricated in 117 A.D. It was a grand tomb for Gaius Julius , the legislative head of the territory of Asia; from his child Julius Aquila. The grave of was underneath the ground floor, over the passage and there was a statue of Athena over it. Since Athena was the goddess of the insight.
The looks of the compositions were kept in pantries in corners on the dividers. There were twofold dividers behind the bookshelves to keep the them from the extremes of temperature and moistness. The limit of the library was more than 12,000 parchments. It was the third wealthiest library in antiquated times after the Alexandra and Pergamum. The exterior of the library has two-stories, with Corinthian style segments on the ground floor and three passages. From the upper story side of the building there are three windows, from where the view look alluring . They utilized an optical trap that the segments along the edges of the exterior are shorter than those in the middle, giving the fantasy of the building being more prominent in size.
The statues in the corners of the segments today are the duplicates of the firsts. The statues symbolize knowledge (Sophia), information (Episteme), insight () and valor (Arete). These are the ethics of . The library was restored with the guide of the Austrian Archeological Institute and the firsts of the statues were taken to the Ephesus Museum in Vienna in 1910. There was an assembly hall, which was for addresses or presentations between the library and the Marble Road, was assembled amid the rule of the Emperor Hadrian.